Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Blog

WOW! I am so excited to finally have the chance to write about my passion. This is something that I have wanted to do for some time but just wasn't sure about. I am not a computer expert so I had to do some research about what type of blog to write and how to "put it out there".
While studying the different types of blogs and what can be done with them, I also found lots of information about how different companies are using blogs to help improve their business. But being in a very small rural town in middle America, I just wasn't sure that a blog would be that beneficial to The Bridal Boutique.
But as I work with my customers, I realized that many of their questions are the same and if a blog was available, I could save time answering question. And in the long run that would benefit my business. I would have more time to concentrate on bringing in more customers. Or more time to blog!
So my first priority with this blog is to educate people about formal wear for weddings, proms and any other special occasion you can imagine. Secondly, if it generates more business for The Bridal Boutique that would be great but not overly expected. Third, is to connect with others who have a passion for wedding and special occasion.
That will be the topic of my next post, "Where did I get this passion for weddings?" Until then, I hope you have a great time planning whatever special occasion is coming up next in your life!
Debbie

No comments: