Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Gown of the Week for August 29


As this busy day comes to an end, I want to quickly make a post for a new gown. This week I would like to focus on a discontinued sample gown. If you watched the new show last Friday, "I found the gown," you will realize that lots of brides-to-be are looking for a deal. Well, that is exactly what Rushville Bridal has for you. We have a good selection of sample gowns reduced to $95 and another larger selection reduced to $195.

Today feature gown is from Mary's Bridal. This taffeta gown has a ruched bodice with heavy silver embroidery and beading. The dropped waistline flows to a full skirt. The lace up back allows for a comfortable fit for a size 12 or size 16 bride.

But the most important part is understanding what it means to buy a "sample" or "stock" gown. This term can vary from store to store. In my case, sample gowns are the gowns that I purchase from the designers for my fall and spring inventory orders. I hopefully will select the gowns that the brides will love so that I can take multiple reorders. After a certain period of time, one of three things will happen.
1. The designer may discontinue the gown. Even if the gown seems to be a good style for my store, it just may not be doing well in other areas of the country. Or sometimes there is a problem with the fabric choice or beading which makes if difficult for the designer to complete orders. So the designer decides to no longer produce this product. At that point, I still have the gown but cannot place special orders. In order to make more room for new gowns, I will reduce the price to sell it quicker.
2. Sometimes, hopefully not very often, I just select the wrong gowns. If gowns are in the store for several months and few brides have tried them on, it is time to move it out for something new. So again, I will reduce the price to make room for something else.
3. Unfortunately in this slower economy, some designers have not weathered the struggle. In the sixteen years I have been in business, I have had at least one designer each year that has gone out of business or ended at least one segment of their business. Sometimes designers have tried to add on additional lines like bridal, prom, bridesmaids, flower girls and mothers to find they are not a successful in the additional areas. So they stop producing some lines. But as before, once I have purchased a gown, it is mine to keep regardless of what happens to the parent company. These gowns will also find their way to the clearance rack.

So if you are looking for the ultimate deal on a designer gown, come in to see us. Just remember that the clearance gowns are only available in the size and color on the rack. If there are any problems with the gown, we will not make corrections or clean a gown. Keep in mind that we paid at least twice the amount as the price we are selling them for (usually 3 or 4 times the amount).



No comments: