Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What do you expect from a blog?

During this October blogging challenge, I have spent some time looking at other blogs.  Some have been helpful while others were a little confusing. I just stumbled upon a blog from a 20 year old about wedding gowns. From her very short bio, I don't think she is married but just loves wedding gowns.  I also don't see any connection to the wedding gown industry but she did say she wants to be private. So after learning very little about the blogger, I look at her actual posts.  Each post is exactly one picture.  ONE PICTURE, nothing else.  No writing, explaining, sharing, nothing.  I am so puzzled.  Then I notice the notes for each posts.  They are incredible.  Some posts have up to 40 notes.  These notes range from praising comments to sharing the post to liking the post.  And then I am more puzzled!  How can a 20-something with no connection to the industry have such a popular blog?  But it hits me, she is connected.  I am sure she started with friends and relatives following her blog and has added many others.  She also states that anyone who follows her, she will automatically follow them. I have said for some time, if you want to master social media or the internet, hire a teenager!

So here is my picture for today.  Give me your thoughts.  What do you like or dislike?  What do you want to know about this gown?  Unlike the young blogger showing beautiful gowns, I have the industry information to answer the questions.

And I will start using her rule, I will follow everyone who follows me! Thanks to those who have already taken the plunge and looking for many more followers!


No comments: